Saturday 10 September 2011

- My Life Of DPHMI -

Hooray!!! i m gonna finish my diploma life! DPHMI stands for diploma in pharmacy, and this is my final semester here (out of 7 semesters!)  It takes me 2.5 years just to yell - HOORAY!!Wheww!

                                                                                 

So, what have i get here in INTI IU throughout the 2.5 years of diploma in pharmacy? Ehmm...i have witnessed how INTI grew from INTI UC to INTI IU! haha! Ok back to the point now. I hav sweet time and bitter (tortured) time along the journey...

When i joined INTI in Sep 2009 (1st sem), it was a short semester which only lasted for 2.5 months. Lets started with the orientation week. I was so happy that time as i met n make lots of new n nice frens! V played a lot of funny games together during the week n v had our dinner together as well in a big group! But the hapi moments are always short lasting...My problems came after the regular classes commenced...

First is homesick (my happy n blissful family to be blamed =D)! 
Second is the lecturer. The new lecturer acted as if he was the boss n v were degree or even master student. 'v r supposed to know everything!' One step wrong in the lab ur mark will be deducted. This is the monster organic chemistry lecturer that make me started hating chemistry, started reject the invitation to join the group for dinner, started searching n searching non-stop in front of the laptop before and after each lesson n lab, n started thinking that i might not suitable for this course....i doubt...n i almost suffocated with tonnes of stress i had...urghhh...but i m glad that out of the 3 subjects that i took, only 1 lecturer was torturing me!
 Third is chickenpox! Haha...i wonder wether my clazmates still remember this...When i just started to warm up and get familiar with the hectic life (just attended 1 week claz), i found out that i was infected with the chickenpox virus n i hv no choice but to back to my lovely hometown - Kedah.. With this, i got 2 weeks holiday n free from the stressful life temporary. When i came back, luckily i still able to catch up with the progress n successfully, i passed all the subjects with flying colors ^^

                     

One of my fren always ask me :" why u dun wan to join any club or society?" and i would say :" sorry lo...i hv no extra time .." fren :" lol...i doubt"   Emm..maybe i lack of time management skill...haha! For me, this diploma life is really hectic and not fun at all~ Because in my 2nd sem the monster lecturer was still there for my physical chemistry and u can guess what life was that during that semester (for your information, that was long sem with 4 other subjects). And then the following long semesters(4 months) i was having 6 subjects (maximum for the sem) and 3 subjects for short semesters (maximum subjects as well), tests, quizzes, assignments, presentations, labs n reports, finals....No More Battery!!! The only holiday on weekend i also had to drag myself back from the shopping mood to doing lab reportsss... I will end up looking at my roomates showing me the items from their shopping spree (all of my roomates are business student ).



Besides the super duper busy life, one more 'monster' is the tuition fee! Wah! That is really a lot! I will definitely experienced  a big mood swing every enrolment due to this 'pretty lottery number'! And the biggest problem is ptptn is always not enough to cover the fee (since inti always increases the fee!) Thrust me!Try to show the invoice to ur business fren and they will give u this expression ~*0* (shocked). The highest fee i had to pay once is about 13K..imagine that..one semester..just for ur diploma  and for a student from a medium level family...
                                                                                                       


Sorry for badmouthing too much...hehe now i will talk about the sweet portion of my student life (although major portion is bitter and torturing life :)  ). Well, by being here, i have the chance to see people from various part of the world with different cultures, and i have classmates who are international students too! That is awesome! And due to this international culture, i have the chance of communicating in english and my english has improved compared to 2.5 years ago where i dont have an english speaking environment..(shy... [~o~] ) Besides that, i have learnt some 'profesional' knwledge about pharmacy, especially pharmacology which enable me to show off a little bit in my home and to my frenss...hahaha ^^!


The most interesting labs for me is pharmaceutical technology 1, physiology and microbiology. In the tech1
lab, i have prepared various simple medicinal solutions, mixtures, creams, and capsules! Only pharmacy students have this chance! wohoo~  While in physio lab, although we have to poke ourselves in almost every lab to get our blood sample, i m willing to be poked because i m curious about my blood condition n luckily all turns out good =D.  In the microbio lab, despite dangerous (risk of infection since v are handling bacteria), i was always looking forward to the lab because v can see bacteria in various shape under the microscope and stain them with various colour! And v will go to the lab the next day to take picture about our culture and some funny things might happen (especially the reaction and funny expression when v were exposed to the 'fantastic' smell of the cultures of bacteria, the smell is really disgusting like rotten egg :[  ) . On the other hand, except the monster lecturer, most of the lecturers i met (especially part time lecturer) are all good. For sure, i have a lot of frens and classmates here, the cute one, the silly one, the pretty one, the clever one, the nonsense one, the hardworking one , the lazy one, all are included! =D
                                                                                                                  

I have just completed my community and hospital training respectively in my hometown last semester. Thank god, both of my supervisors were so nice and they taught me a lot either on the pharmacy knowledge or the theory of life...i appreciated this very much! The most important thing is that they gave me very high mark on my performance (although i know how my performance was) ! I really thankz them wholeheartedly! Love u! Awww.. i just love the training life very much...properly scheduled life and without the stress of  'oh! tomorrow have quiz! Oh! next week have test! Oh! final is coming!'  Should i say i like to work?? =X

Now, i m back to the jungle again after leaving it for roughly 3 months! Start my torturing life again! Hopefully everything will go smoothly...

After graduate in dec, i will still have a burden - where should i continue my degree? ? ? continue or not continue?? or change field?? Again...Oh!!Hmmm...this is my diploma in pharmacy life...:)
                                                    
                                                - the route to success is never smooth-
                                             - learning is bitter but the outcome is sweet-

14 comments:

  1. wao ~~ good job dear !! your blog reminded me of those memories in diploma year >.< argh~ bitter or sweet !! anyway , i am glad we are gotta go through it smoothly !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee~
    when i read this article i keep smiling.
    IT'S INTERESTING N FUN!!
    btw, we have part of same story and memory too~~
    pity u la ,affected by the lecturer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. charlyn...tq!! ya bitterrrrr n sweet life...haha hopefully v wil go thru smoothly ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. weeleng...wah m so glad to be able ot make u smile wif an article...haha! ermmm....quite pity oso =p Hopefully u wont be 1 of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! Organic Chemistry! yup, suffering coz of tis sub, i tot i wil failed it! Well, congratz tat u get flying color in ur result.. I like interesting labs too. that is my 1st time to poke my own finger, but after poked for few times, din't feel any pain ! feel FUNSSSSS! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear ~ your post really reminded me a lot of our diploma years ~ but i am glad we gotta finished this 'mission impossible' soon ~ jia you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. doris...ya v hv the same journey for our chem life...haha
    oh tq tq...
    ya physio lab is really fun! playing around wif our own blood! suck our own blood oso!hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. charkyn..i believe dat ur diploma is full of colour! a very capable person u r! * admiring* :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every memories .
    Every Obstacles .
    Every laugh , bitter , sour .

    aww, you will always in my mind :')

    All the best Yek Jia in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilary~ i think our most crazy moment is during the award presentation ceremony~lol...haha! all the best 2 u too~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! no one gona miss to talk abot the monster in their post i guess.. he reli made our life miserable..haha... TUITION FEE is really big headache for me too...wheneva i tel my parents dat have to pay fee,dey wil b like 'omg,money again..where to find it now'..we can really bcm beggars paying INTI lots of money..haiizz... n yea,me too thinkin whether to continue degree o nt?? MONEY is a big prob now..hmm..newayz,all the best for ur future yekjia..

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post.... yekjia u not need to worry....
    is we need to be worry....
    but still wish u all the best n good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post yet jia... Pity the monster, everyone spotted him on their post including me... hahaha... INTI is very famous in squeezing us for money, we have no choice but paying them the amount. About degree u dont need to worry much as u have very high pointer, but the only and main concern is MONEY. Neway good luck for ur degree yet jia... =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck to you~
    Your experiences in your diploma life will help you in your degree life~

    ReplyDelete